View Single Post
Old June 28, 2011, 10:34 AM   #73
F. Guffey

"Remove the decapping assembly,..."

How do you remove the expander plug from stuck bottle neck cases?

Had I not know what you were trying to do I would not have said anything. And again out of the two responses you found nothing worthy of consideration, as to the 223, if the primer punch/sizer ball assembly will not drop out the bottom, get a bigger drill, and I am not beyond using a tapered tap that takes 11 turns to complete a thread to remove a case, tap the case, leave the tap in the case and then as the zfk55 suggest drove the case and plug out of the die.

But remember the .223 neck sized down in the die limits the diameter of the driver. A die that can be screwed into the top of a press can be screwed into the press from the bottom (on most presses), that is how I hold cases when drilling out the primer pocket/flash hole for maximum overall length cases when determining the distance from the bolt face to the ogive, again finding the ogive is not something a reloader has to rediscover every day unless they choose to.

Back to 'what you can see', the bolt closes, the light goes out, your reference to additives and cleaners is cosmetic, I focus on the working part of the die and it's surface, not easy to improve on it so I apply the 'leaver policy', I leaver the way I found-er, again I clean my dies with a towel on a dowel, and years ago Rislone assured me if I used their produce they would guarantee me if their produce did not help, it would not hurt 'guaranteed', and I found it difficult to improve on Marvel Mystery oil.

And I do not recommend cleaning with gasoline to my friends or others, the ideal of cleaning with gasoline is a very bad one, naphtha should be used with gloves to protect the skin.

F. Guffey

Page generated in 0.02659 seconds with 8 queries