View Single Post
Old August 7, 2014, 02:40 PM   #8
Sevens

Quote:
That incident simply affirmed all my prior safety preaching. It will ALWAYS be THE ONE TIME you forget something...

NEVER, EVER think it can’t happen to you.
Your post is a very well-written story to stress the importance of eye protection.

For me, it feels like I'm running around 100% naked if I'm anywhere on/near/around a place shooting guns if I don't have my eye protection on.

It's funny, because some of us of a particular age range may have occupied the expanse of time where few people wore eye protection to the time where everyone is basically required to wear it at just about any public-accessible facility. I began shooting in the late 1980's and in my recollection, it just wasn't all that common to see folks toting shooting glasses or specific safety-related glasses. I competed for two years on a traveling smallbore rifle team and never once wore glasses.

It seems to me these days that perhaps my most ridiculous memory is the (literally) tens of thousand of pellets and *gulp* BB's that I launched, mostly in the basement, without ever wearing any manner of eye protection.

Page generated in 0.03201 seconds with 8 queries