View Single Post
Old June 5, 2011, 03:06 PM   #7
Sevens

Quote:
Comparing the iron Classic Cast to the aluminum C-press is sort of like a Mack Truck to a Ford Ranger.
Totally agree, and comparing the Classic Cast to the Challenger is also like wedging a Toyota Tacoma there in the middle.

Lee makes products that are amongst the lowest-priced in the entire industry. They do it by using cheaper materials (aluminum & plastic) when & where they can. Many of their tools offer a lot of value for a small amount of money. Most folks, even those of us who very much like & use Lee products won't sit here and argue that they are as good or better than many of the products that cost twice as much money, or more.

However. The Lee Classic Cast can compete with any O-frame single stage press on the market, and it'll kill all of them in price, while matching or beating all of them in durability and utility. It may not be quite as smooth or finished as nicely. But durability, options, and user-friendly, AND low priced? It's got those nailed.

Lee's own Classic Cast is 5 times the press that their Challenger is, and it's 20 times the press that the little C-frame Reloader press is.

Page generated in 0.03086 seconds with 8 queries