View Single Post
Old July 19, 2010, 04:17 PM   #6
divil

I know it will probably never happen but I'd like to see gun safety as a mandatory school subject for kids! I remember being taught how to cross the road safely in school as a child. This was considered necessary because people get run over and killed when they don't observe the safe way to cross the road. Since a lot of people shoot themselves, and others accidentally, it stands to reason that we should prepare people more.

Even if the have no interest in shooting, and have conscientious objections to using guns, they may still someday find themselves in a situation where they have to pick up a gun and make it safe. You can't avoid guns nowadays just because you don't like them - they're out there, like it or not.

A lot of people advocate compulsory training for anyone who wants to buy or own or carry a gun; I don't agree with that because it's just another form of control; all they have to do is keep making the certification process for trainers harder and more expensive until eventually people can't afford it. And will be no constitutional protection to prevent that.

Instead, make it the government's responsibility to train people! Just my 2 cents

Page generated in 0.02487 seconds with 8 queries