View Single Post
Old January 24, 2000, 03:24 AM   #17
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Dan - I have nothing against Glock owners... That was a joke... one that hits fairly close.
In all fairness - I must admit that I at one point in time actually owned a Glock 17. This was when it first came out and many people didnt like it for its Plastic. It was miss named Glock 7 by many people and was feared as the Weapon of Choice for terrorists of the future. I even remember a news report on it when a report carried one past White House security undetected. Ceramic and plastic - it was a threat to security! When in fact it was Steel all the time. People just didnt know what the heck it was. I knew. I liked it at the time.
I showed it to several folks - including police officers. Soon the department I shown it to adopted it. Glocks became the choice in my circle of friends - and soon everyone I saw at the gun shops was getting one! Heck - if I was Al Gore I could say I invented the Glock in America!

Okay - enough of this... I am going back to my Root Beer!

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Page generated in 0.02448 seconds with 8 queries