View Single Post
Old July 27, 2010, 06:13 PM   #119
Retired15T

I couldn't just outright sue because of what happened. Too many variables. I would get the advice of a lawyer and see how the situation developed.

And you can what-if this to death.

A man has a woman with a baby in her front carried sling. The BG has an arm around her throat, .45 held to her head. The baby is screaming and the woman is crying. They are standing out front of a restaurant. A customer from the side patio of this place has a 9mm on him. The BG isn't looking in that direction at all, concerned with the cops in front of him. The BG moves his weapon in an expression of anger, waving it slightly away from the woman's head. The good guy from the patio takes the shot, dropping the BG with a shot to the face that continues to travel and hits you in the chest in an adjacent parking lot. You've got months of rehab and medicines. You are out of work for three months recovering.

If my insurance pays for all of my lost wages, rehab and doctor's bills, I'm not going to sue. If my insurance pays for everything except my lost wages, I've no choice but to sue. I can't live on good intentions.

But now, since this GG is a national hero, the media reports that after the incident, the guy was discovered to of been a convicted child molester and rapist. He wasn't supposed to be in possession of the gun in the first place.

I'd sue to snot out of him. I'd take everything he owns that I could get in court.

The good guy is a pastor, previously in the Army where he earned the Bronze Star for his actions in combat and he is well known as an outstanding friend, husband and father.

I would do everything I could to NOT sue him. Ask for donations, ask him if he can help me out, whatever it takes to keep from suing him. If I DID have to sue, I would focus on the bad guy and his family/the city. When I say the city, I mean the city for not having trained the police to scream at the guy to not shoot/get involved.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Thomas Jefferson

Page generated in 0.03925 seconds with 8 queries