View Single Post
Old June 12, 2001, 09:45 AM   #6
LawDog211

I recently recertified

Quote:
There are two trains of thought on this : 1.Glock contracts the slides out for finishing and they changed contractors or the contractor changed finishes for whatever reason. 2. Glock entered into an agreement with government to install a finish that would retain fingerprints better for LE purposes. Whatever the case Glock plays deaf,dumb and blind about the whole matter!

All these are incorrect: Glock does not contract any parts out. And they entered into no agreement with gov.

Glack says they changed the finish because the old way tended to show holstering, it made a shiny place on the slide sometimes, this did not effect the tenifer corrosion protection but it made the guns look poor and most people didnt understand that the colored finsh is for looks not protection, the tenifer can not be worn off.

Glock says the finishing tech is more durable and will hold up better.

I learned this from going through the recert class for glock armorers, one of my class mates asked this question.

Page generated in 0.03451 seconds with 8 queries