View Single Post
Old August 31, 2007, 07:55 AM   #27
Bill Akins

Quote:
Leif Senior Member When is the Lewis gun version coming out?
Seriously, very impressive. Welcome.
Thanks very much for the welcome Leif. A Lewis gun? You want a WW1 fighter plane air cooled version or the Belgium rattlesnake radiator with shroud version?
Lol. Seriously though, I don't think it would be viable to use the ruger 10-22 for a top fed rotary tray mag. I could probably make one using an American 180 if I had one.
My next prototype #3 will have a standarized fake shell receiver and the ability to quick change from the water jacket to the air cooling shroud in a couple of minutes, so it will be like two dress up kits in one, using the same receiver. After that I want to put two 10-22's side by side and have them share a wider fake shell receiver and their barrels share the same larger diameter waterjacket. I will connect the two bmf activators with a short tube so when you turn the crank it fires both guns. Both mags will still be on the bottom and the left gun will have a shell deflector to direct its empties downward while the right gun will still spit out the right side. It should look a bit like the gardner gun which competed with the gatling in the late 19th and early 20th century. After that I really want to get a semi auto 20 gauge, (staying away from the 12 ga over 50 bore destructive device trap) turn it upside down and install it into a fake shell receiver with a crankfire. Install a waterjacket over the barrel to watercool it, and have a vertical gravity fed mag on its top feeding it like the gatlings had. Load it up with buckshot and can you imagine the firepower? Course, the first thing I want to do is get my air cooled and water cooled 10-22's into production. Also want to work on underwater weaponry and build an air powered multishot repeating speargun. But that will come much later. So many ideas and stuff to build, not enough lifetime to do it all.

Page generated in 0.02572 seconds with 8 queries