View Single Post
Old September 12, 2007, 02:23 AM   #6
BluesBear

Location: Mill Creek, Washington (The Great Pacific NorthWet)
I'll never forget the two guys next to us at the range one day who due to their ethnic heritage were of a slightly shorter stature than the intended user of their newly acquired M91/38 rifle. After discovering that the rifle was not only a little unwieldy but that the recoil of full power 7.62x54R milsurp was a bit more than they expected, they decided to finish off their ammo by hip shooting the rifle. I will say that while the Mullet Man target hanging 20 feet away went unscathed, the ceiling tiles above the fifty foot line didn't. Including one tile in MY lane.

And then there are the ranges where the RO just doesn't care.
Once they get your membership fee you cease to become important.
But the moron who only shoots once a year gets treatment because they actually make money on him. But once again once they get his money he's off the radar.

A friend of mine was shooting at a local indoor range (the one I don't work at) when he noticed part of the ceiling coming down in at the seven yard line in the next lane.
He steps back to see what going to and watches the shooter practicing double taps with a 9mm. Except that the shooters is closing his eyes after the first shot so he never sees where the gun is pointed for the second shot.
Over a dozen double taps with FOUR hits on a B27 and only 1 (eins, uno, one) of those was in the black.

As he goes out to alert the RO (who is too busy selling anmmo and targets and having people sign wavers that he NEVER looks into the bays) the guy rapid fires an entire magazine. By the seventh shot (out of nine) the gun was straight up and the eighth round took out the overhead light.

The resulting conversation went like this.
"Um, the guy on lane six just shot the ceiling."
RO "Yeah that happens a lot"
"No. I mean he just shot out one of the lights!"
RO "Yeah that happens too."
"But you don't understand, he shot out the OVERHEAD light. The one right ABOVE the firing line!"
RO "Yeah that happens. Not much we can do."
"Well I'll sure as hell never shoot here again!"
RO "I understand. Suit yourself."

The "Fashion Calibers" seem to come and go but when all is said and done everybody comes back to the forty-five.
(Chris Curino - Kimber Mfg. Co.)

Page generated in 0.03633 seconds with 8 queries