View Single Post
Old February 16, 2013, 03:32 PM   #8
balance

This question is all about preference and opinion.

I'll say that it is not too light as far as I'm concerned. I've carried my PPQ since I bought it about one and a half years ago, and I haven't shot it unintentionally yet.

If you swipe the safety off of a 1911 on the draw, how is an unlocked 1911 with a lighter and crisper trigger with less pre-travel and a similar length reset any safer? It is also interesting to hear from Glock owners that the Glock trigger is safer than the PPQ trigger, when there is only about a half a pound difference in pull weight and almost no difference in the length of pull. I thought the Glock owner's common response to any suggestion that the pistol had an unsafe trigger was, "keep your finger off the trigger until you want to shoot".

I don't think the 1911 trigger is unsafe. I don't think the Glock trigger is unsafe. I don't think the PPQ trigger is unsafe. If you think a 1911 trigger is unsafe, you will probably think a PPQ trigger is unsafe. If you think a Glock trigger is unsafe, you will probably think a PPQ trigger is unsafe.

I think the lighter and shorter you go as far as triggers are concerned, the less margin of error there is in regards to unsafe gun handling. But comparing the trigger of a Glock and a PPQ, I don't see much difference in pull weight or length. The stock PPQ trigger is better than the stock Glock trigger. This is probably the reason people think it is lighter or shorter than it really is.

Page generated in 0.03003 seconds with 8 queries