View Single Post
Old January 29, 2012, 09:34 AM   #12
hooligan1

No chrono as of now but, maybe in the future.
I wasn't really looking for a pep-talk, guy's, I have't quit working up loads,,, I have to load another test pattern today and next saturday, go to the range.

The bullet in question is that "long drink of water" 150 grn Swift Sirrocco II.
The rifle I have is a Weatherby Vanguard 7mm Rem Mag.
The powder that this bullet has shown "some" promise with is the H1000.
I talked to one of the Tech's from Swift, He told me to seat this bullet .030 to .050 of the lands. I have been seating it .040 of the lands. (he seemed to be right so far)
I have tried IMR 4350, IMR 4831, H4831 sc, H1000, IMR 7828, H 4350...
The rifle and scope are sound, maybe it's me, but I have shot this rifle for two years solid and I like it, no flinch or stupid distraction, other than an occaisional idiot shooting on my target.
I have also tried 160 Accubonds and they are coming along nicely and I feel like I am getting somewhere with those dudes and the IMR 7828, I am seating those bullets only .010 off the lands. I think I still have adjustment there, if needed.

The grouping is nowhere near what this rifle will shoot with the Hornady Custom 139 grn BTSP's,,, it will stack'em right up and nice 1/2 MOA, that Swift bullet, 1 1/2 at one hundred, sometimes two inches.

I feel that this rifle will shoot lighter bullets fine, I found it does like Nosler bullets in the 150 gr range, with IMR 4350, so I figured that the Swift, should work fine.....

What I'm thinking, and maybe some of you probably came up with, is that this rifle might not like those longer bullets,,? And maybe it likes lighter bullets better, but I still want to try heavier bullets in it.

Would it be worth trying a Large rifle primer instead of the CCI 250 Magnum rifle primer??

I want to thank you guy's for taking the time to ponder my data-finding mission problem.

Page generated in 0.02644 seconds with 8 queries