View Single Post
Old July 10, 2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Romeo 33 Delta

Well, I just took the Maryland course online and would have printed out the mail in form but my laptop is not compatible with my printer and my real computer is in the shop. When it's back, I'll do it again and do the print and mail routine just because I can.

I think Wisconsin, if they opt not to accept this particular program, would be wise to create one like it. I don't need all the Hunter Safety stuff because I'll NEVER hunt (haven't wanted to since 1969 when I stopped), but I shoot nearly every Monday thru Friday from April to November (if the temp is above 55 and it's not raining). I've done this for years, pistol and rife and have no plans to quit any time soon.

I really can't see where a 8 to 10 hours course is remotely necessary if all you're going after is a permit to carry concealed especially since you can, in Wisconsin, open carry without any kind of permit or training. Frankly, after passing a background check, I'm not sure why they don't just issue a permit, but that's just me.

I'd even push for a State Tax deduction for any and all costs associated with getting a permit since, notwithstanding the giberish that exists in our State Constitution, I have a problem with the State acknowledging the "right to keep and bear arms ......" as a fundamental right and then turn around and say that they can require a permit and charge you for it. Sounds like a "poll tax" to me ... but what do I know, I'm just an senior citizen, ex combat infantryman .

Page generated in 0.03654 seconds with 8 queries