View Single Post
Old May 23, 2007, 11:12 AM   #13
Taurusaur

Quote:
I wonder if there are any plans to incorporate a decock function to the SA/DA "third generation" Milleniums. I for one would appreciate the ability to carry in DA mode, thus deliberately requiring a higher triggerfinger effort first shot, as I am accustomed to with my PT92AFS.
Never know about Taurus, but I wouldn't think so. Would require some significant engineering and probably a slide mounted decocking lever which would be a fourth gizmo on the left side.

As it is there's about 3/4" of trigger takeup already in the SA mode. There's also a trigger block internal safety that prevents AD unless the trigger is pulled fully rearward. That combined with a manual safety make it a really redundant safe gun to carry. Even without using the manual safety, it's no more or less safe than a Glock . . . just holster in a rig that covers the trigger and keep your finger off the trigger until ready to fire. As corny as the "memory pads" seem, I find they do well in reminding me to keep the 'ol finger out of the trigger guard until it has business being there.

If DAO is your preference, the DAO trigger on the Gen 2 guns is not bad at all. Better than some DA revolvers I've handled actually. These can still be found new in the box on occasion. Some wholesale distributors have stocks of these 2nd gen guns still available for order to dealers.

Page generated in 0.05251 seconds with 8 queries