View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 01:56 PM   #23
BGutzman

Quote:
Would you support legislation that requires all firearms transactions to go through a FFL?
No, why would I? Why does the government need to approve my use of my constitutional rights? It is not like my purchases are some march downtown some major city that requires blocking off streets and crowd controls...

Quote:
Where have all the illegal guns in the hands of criminals come from??
Not really my concern, I am not a law enforcement officer... I obey the laws and only concern myself with staying within the law... My off the cuff, un-researched guess would be theft from homes and cars...

Quote:
What percentage of guns have been stolen from homes or gun shops???
I would suggest that gun shops probably have less theft than you might think because hopefully the owner has take steps to reduce the risk... Bars on windows, cameras, alarm systems and open and concealed carry by employees. Still the root cause is a crime has been committed in the theft, not in the possession of the homeowner or business owner... Murders been outlawed for a long time, laws may reduce it to some degree but never end it, gun theft is much the same.

Quote:
What percentage have been bought and sold over and over again without the paper trail?
I think the better question is how do you propose to make any criminal follow the paper process you propose? By definition they wont.. Not being sarcastic but you will not modify criminal activity with a paper trail...

I applaud your concern for your fellow human beings but we already have too many freedom killing anti gun laws, rules and regulations... Enough is enough... We have to be able to expect adults to act as adults and when they break the law they need to be held to the punishments given... No one wants to pay for all the prisons and jails and no one want to exact the classical punishment of death for a felony... We have all these wants and because we as a people cant pull our britches up like big boys and girls and pay for and demand the appropriate punishments....

If our prisons were pure punishment, cold, hard work environments, we'd have a lot less repeat offenders... It is our very kindness to those that do us the most wrong as a society that leads to much of our repeat crime and our inability to deal with repeaters effectively.

If you want the source of all this crime, its ourselves in not exacting high tolls on those who commit the crimes and the glorification of crimes by our society. We don't need gun control, we need people to enforce the standards.

Last edited by BGutzman; January 10, 2013 at 02:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03088 seconds with 8 queries