Thread: 870 Questions
View Single Post
Old March 25, 2009, 11:17 AM   #9
BigJimP

Expense is relative - these days a good solid pump gun like a Wingmaster or a Browning BPS is a very good value new at around $ 500 - $600 / but they aren't "special" because they aren't unique and there are thousands of them made every year. There are cheaper pump guns on the market - 870 express, etc - but sometimes you get what you pay for / and yes you can mix and match parts - but it won't be cheaper than buying a complete gun when you find a good one. Just used barrels alone - can cost you $ 200 - $300.

But to Zippy's point - sometimes the effort it takes to search out a real nice used gun - can be a lot of fun - and it will give you a great gun to shoot and pass down. Some of the finest guns I own, I bought used.

While many of us started with pump guns years ago - as our "shotgun" desires grew - we found other guns fit us better or met our needs better so most of us have added a number of shotguns to our collections. Its been a great journey / and every week I enjoy wandering around the used gun stores in my area - looking for another great gun / or another great deal. Its almost as much fun as hunting or shooting ...

Page generated in 0.02396 seconds with 8 queries