View Single Post
Old June 29, 2012, 10:58 AM   #14
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer
...I think he brings up a telling point. We talk about deterrence with no shots fired and then stopping power in terms of totally disabling the opponent on a physical basis if we do shoot the person.

The intermediate event of the crime stopping (not the person being disabled) when a round hits the BG isn't really discussed. As Claude mentioned, it's hard to find instances of a criminal who took rounds and continued the usual property crime. We do have the Miami Shootout and other extremes but a burgular who gets shot and continues to take the silverware is hard to find....
Part of the difficulty is the inherent unpredictability of the future.

There's an excellent chance that any problem will be pretty routine (in fact, there's an excellent chance there won't be a problem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Bob
...but to me the bulk of the training industry seems to have moved in some sort of quasi-paramilitary route rather than focusing on a curriculum more suited to actual CCW usage...
I haven't seen that, but then again, I haven't been everywhere. My experience is that the better training focuses on basic skills.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.02589 seconds with 8 queries