View Single Post
Old April 7, 2012, 11:34 AM   #28
Beretta686

lol. I always love it when I hear people yapping about how their dinky little small-arms are the last resort against tyranny. It's so cute and quaint, like the guy in the tri-corn hat with a "Keep your Government hands off my Medicare" sign at a Tea-Party rally.

Basically what they're advocating is an nascent ability for an insurgency against the evil guv'ment. Somehow they think that the said evil guv'ment didn't learn anything about counter-insurgency during our debacles in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Apparently their AR-15s, AKs, Glocks, Sigs and what not are going to more succcesful in beating back the evil guv'ment than the IEDs, VBIEDs, RPGs, DShKs and other serious military hardware we dealt with in Iraq and continue to deal with in Afghanistan.

Somehow when the evil jack-booted thugs come to kick in your door, take your guns and lead you off to a FEMA-Death-Camp, they expect to be succesful against the MRAPs, UAVs, helicopters, Tanks, heavy weaponry and such of the American Military (as surely the evil Guv'ment will not be bound by Posse Comitatus and the full-bear of our military will be unleashed, upon the citizenry, by the son's and daughters of said citizenry. Wait, what? ).

In other words, you don't stand a chance of forcible resistance against for the US government if were to become the evil guv'ment of some people's fears. Sorry buddy, I'd refer you to several Islamist jack-asses who know about the futility of resistance (in a tactical sense), I met in Iraq, but tragically they're not around to talk about it. This is especially true here in the US, where we're not trying to project our power somewhere else, on to a different culture (such as Iraq or Afghanistan), where the insurgency knows we're going home after a while. You're not going to outlast the Guv'ment's superior firepower, when you're in their backyard.

I know it's not nearly as sexy as stock-piling weapons and proclaiming "from my cold dead hands", but if you really want to guarantee your liberty, I'd look to the rule of law and keeping our government open and accountable to preserve our liberties. Yes, in the 1700's armed resistance was a viable means of protecting liberty, but that's no longer true in the modern era.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”

Last edited by Beretta686; April 7, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.02158 seconds with 8 queries