View Single Post
Old December 8, 2008, 04:21 PM   #15
Dresden2001

I am happy that this law abiding citizen was able to arm himself and protect his home.

Quote:
Too bad he missed them both...
I too am unhappy that the homeowner threw four shots downrange and failed to connect with any. The fourth rule of gun safety would suggest that those bullets impacted somewhere and could have posed a risk to innocent bystanders.

I have three guns for HD/SD. The two handguns (Sig P229 and Colt OCP) are both equipped with Lasers. The shotgun (Mossberg JIC) has a Surefire flashlight mounted on the forearm. My rationale for spending a considerable sum per firearm is that these sights and lighting increases my chances of hitting what I am aiming at in highly stressful, potentially low light circumstances. I have a Sig .556 rifle with an Aimpoint on it, but that is not for the rapid response that an home invasion may demand. I also have a Rottweiler, but she is just window dressing if an attacker tries to crash into my home when I am there.

I hope that the homeowner does not suffer from the police and prosecutors after being attacked by the criminal element.

Page generated in 0.03652 seconds with 8 queries