View Single Post
Old June 12, 2000, 01:38 PM   #2
Robert the41MagFan

Think that two arguments can be made here. I've made both.

Deer are soft targets and it does not take much to dump one. Have hit them with 300 grain arrows at 260 FPS and .357 Magnums with 158 grain defensive loads. Same result, a dead deer with a hole going completely through the chest cavity. If a particular ammunition shoots accurately in your gun, use it.

Now, I say this because I live in wild kingdom. Hunt no more than 50 minutes from home. It is not expensive for me to hunt, do it all the time and no traveling. These hunts, specially dream hunts, are getting more and more expensive every year. Tags, license, gas, food, airfare, and the list goes on and on. If you are spending all that money for hunting, why not spent the extra $20 on premium ammunition. One of the biggest heart breaks while on a hunting trip is having doubts about your weapons (ammunitions) ability or hitting a animal dead on to see it run off into the woods and losing it. There are no guaranties that these thing will not happen, but why not gain as much advantage as possible by using ammunitions that maximize your firearms potential.

Robert

Page generated in 0.02654 seconds with 8 queries