View Single Post
Old June 18, 2009, 05:23 PM   #289
Tucker 1371

Quote:
If you're uncomfortable adopting these roles if need be, then perhaps you really don't need a firearm?
Are you suggesting that the ONLY use for firearms is self defense? Maybe YOU really don't need a firearm if their only purpose to you is killing folks.

And if you must twist it that way then yes, you are appointing yourself to those roles. I'm not uncomfortable with being charged with the task of defending my home and I am absolutely ready and willing to do so if need be. What I would NOT be comfortable with is taking a life I morally should not have. I simply consider it to be what it is, self defense. To be clear this is the way I see it:

If someone has forced their way into my home the only way I am not going to fire is if I can easily see with 100% certainty an opportunity to spare their life without risking mine or my family's lives. That means that in all but a handful of scenarios (if he has his back turned and keeps it turned, if he has his hands full of TV, if he already has his hands up when he comes into view etc.) the intruder is getting shot.

Edit: If you believe that it would be perfectly fine to shoot Joe Thug with his back turned, hands full of your TV, or with his hands already up, that's your decision, I pray you never have to live with it. My only intent in my role of defender of my home is preserving mine and my family's lives, not carrying out my version of justice or trying to make the world a better place.
OEF 2011 Sangin, Afg. Molon Labe

Last edited by Tucker 1371; June 18, 2009 at 05:33 PM.

Page generated in 0.02261 seconds with 8 queries