View Single Post
Old March 24, 2009, 05:26 PM   #1
Daugherty16

Crossing State Lines

I have a CCW in my home state. We are vacationing in another state, that honors my CCW and for 20 bucks is issuing me a 4-year, non-resident CCW, even as we speak.

The problem is crossing the no-mans land in between - a state with ammunition cards, and two different levels of firearms cards. Needless to say, they don't honor my CCW from home or destination so i'd have to do their expensive, may-issue process just for the hour it will take to cross their state, but i got to cross the state. What would you do?

1) pay their $100 1-year non-resident fee, go thru their process, and risk being told your reason for carrying isn't good enough.
2) Stop at the border, unload and lock the gun away, then do the opposite when you cross into the destination state. Meanwhile, you're naked in some tough neighborhoods with the whole family in the car.
3) Drive right on through, putting it all at risk but oh hell, what are the odds anyway? Besides, who are they to try infringing your 2nd Amendment anyway?
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 8 queries