View Single Post
Old October 29, 2013, 01:10 AM   #639
Ritz

I recently began trying to find ammo for my 38-55 winchester lever gun. I looked high and low. There's not a box of ammo to be had anywhere at any retail location I can find or online. I even went to a couple of gun shows here in VA. No dice. I had to resort to bidding for NOS stuff on gunbroker.com at 3-4X the price I last paid for plain Jane Winchester X3855 in a gun store (probably 10-15 years ago).

So....I bit the bullet and started picking up supplies to reload. Even that has become a pain in the rump. There's no bullets to be had in the usual retail locations or online so....I had to buy what I could find at inflated prices on the same auction site. Then I realize that yup...there's a significant shortage of almost every brand and type of smokeless powder. Back to the auction site to pick up some H4198 at what was probably 3-4X what it cost a few years ago. The same goes for primers.

At least the press and dies weren't too hard to find. Now I've got enough supplies to reload a few hundred rounds. That ought to keep me supplied for hunting for quite some time.

Sigh...

Page generated in 0.03254 seconds with 8 queries