View Single Post
Old June 18, 2013, 01:37 PM   #16
carguychris

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.willikers
How about an autoloading hunting style rifle, using AR magazines for .223 and .308 versions... With accessories and options, including various stock configurations, quick mag release, light and sight rails, slings, 'etc... But keep the non-threat[en]ing look, similar to the Ruger Mini.
The trouble is that an increasing number of state laws are making those "accessories and options" and that "non-threatening look" mutually irreconcilable.

The first problem is that IIRC the new laws in several northeastern states now define an "assault rifle" as any semi-auto having merely ONE so-called "military style" feature, and that feature is generally defined as almost any type of fancy stock, and/or the ability to readily accept a foregrip, regardless of whether one comes attached to the rifle as delivered. If you can't use a collapsible, folding, or thumbhole stock, and you can't have forward-mounted rails... what's left?

The second problem is that CA is either about to, or already has (I don't remember which), outlaw "bullet buttons". IOW CA will soon allow fixed mags only.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g.willikers
Isn't there a Remington pump rifle that uses AR magazines?
Apparently there is, and it's called the 7615P. I think I remember hearing about it, but I had blocked it from my memory banks!

http://www.remingtonle.com/rifles/7615.htm

Page generated in 0.03796 seconds with 8 queries