View Single Post
Old December 6, 2012, 04:57 PM   #39
Tom68

A S&W Model 586, sold right off my hip in a restaurant for $250 while on break from hunting deer in 1990. I still miss that revolver, but six years later I bought a new 686 for $325. I still have the original receipt, and smile everytime I look at the prices for a 686 on gunbroker... so I guess this one worked out okay.

Sold a M70 Westerner in 1988 to finance Christmas gifts, and used the residual to buy a M94 in a pawn shop for $120. I still have the 94 and plan to keep it, but I finally this year bought another M70 (a new one from the FN plant.) I just plain got tired of not owning one! but, I was a dummy for getting rid of the Westerner in the first place.

And the 6904? I kept it for all of about 2 years before trading it off to get a Norinco MAK 90... which I sold off for $300 about two years after that.

In sum, I wish I had all of those guns that I let go over the years (there's been several others i didn't mention here)... not to mention, my judgment in selling has been pitiful. So.... I made myself a promise to stop trading, and just buy what I really want and plan to keep. That's served me well for the past decade, although the wife wasn't crazy about the need for another safe

Page generated in 0.02464 seconds with 8 queries