View Single Post
Old March 4, 2011, 06:11 AM   #11
Powderman

Before you replace ANYTHING, read this.

I have a rifle that I bought from my wife's uncle. It is on a Sako action, chambered in .220 Swift, with a 30 inch Hart barrel, Canjar single set trigger, and is in a McMillan stock.

I looked down the bore and saw blackness right in front of the chamber--that all important throat/leade area. The rifle had actually started to keyhole bullets at 50 yards.

Now, my wife got an Outer's Foul-Out for me at Christmastime. I decided to try it out on the Swift. I installed it, following the instructions, plugged it in and let it run for 30 minutes.

I poured the solution out and removed the rod, and decided to run a tight patch through the bore first, intending to follow my normal cleaning routine afterward. I started a patch on a jag down the bore--and the rod stopped dead. Wouldn't move forward at all.

Now, I knew that I had a properly sized patch--I had used them literally hundreds of times before. With that in mind, I decided that it needed a bit of assistance. I broke out the rubber-faced mallet, and started tapping on the end of the handle.

I heard a fairly loud "CRACK!" coming from inside the barrel! The rod moved freely afterward.

What came out of the muzzle was an almost PERFECT sleeve of rock-hard carbon fouling, shot through with yellow copper streaks!!!

I ran another clean patch on the jag--it just flowed down that bore like grease on glass. I then looked into the bore, and it looked like a mirror. Best part is that the throat and leade looked almost brand new.

Try a Foul Out first. You can use it on your other guns, as well, and you might save some money.

Page generated in 0.03131 seconds with 8 queries