View Single Post
Old October 14, 2010, 10:58 AM   #27
Ace_Breaker

Quote:
so this would fight right in the middle "sweet spot." (similar size as the Walther PPS)
Maybe a typo, but the Glock 19 is compact and Walther PPS sub-compact. They are not similar in size. I've owned both.

When it comes to carry guns I wanted the best I could buy for the money. I've posted a few times about all the guns I've been through to find the right fit of ergos, cost, accuracy, reliability, concealability, durability. It's taken several years of testing, fitting, shooting to come up with my bottom line. I won't detail all the failures with Kahr, Taurus, or why Glocks were too thick, etc.

Sub-compact carry: Walther PPS in .40 with Crossbreed Supertuck or Little Bear custom leather with mag carryier. This gun shares duty in this department with my Hk P7. Nothing compares to the Hk in accuracy, reliability, safety, and cool factor. I like both these guns so they split duty.

Compact carry: Hk P2000 V3 in 9mm, carried in Desantis leather. Maybe the ultimate compact gun. I gave up a modified Glock 19, CZ P-01, Sig P225, and others for this baby. My secondary is the Walther P99AS in 9MM. This may be categorized as a full sized auto but is less than a 1/4" longer than the Hk, weighs about the same, ultra reliable, and has cool factor.

For me, those are the best combinations I've found for concealed carry so far. I do have other guns for different situations but those are primary winter/ summer carry guns.

Page generated in 0.02225 seconds with 8 queries