View Single Post
Old August 29, 2013, 06:22 PM   #24
alan

Re these Executive Orders (2), and the Vice Presidents comments thereon, the following comes to mind.

1. The military small arms, essentially Garand rifles and M-1 Carbines were manufactured in the U.S. in the first place.

2. Garand Rifles have come to have significant historical significance and value.

3. Additionally, they would meet the double-talk requirements of the BATFE, in that they are legal hunting arms in many states, that makes them "sporting arms" and they are frequently used in shooting competitions too.

4. When was the last documented instance of criminal use of either a Garand Rifle or M-1 Carbine? Note, I reference DOCUMENTED, NOT ANECDOTAL USE.

5. Regarding Biden's reference to ineligible persons registering automatic weapons or other Class 3(NFA Firearms) to trusts or corporations, how many, again DOCUMENTED instances of this happening can he show, for his off-hand comments, given his history as an anti gun/anti gun rights operator cast serious doubt on the value of his offerings, but wait, there's more. Wasn't Biden the one who suggested that "when threatened, one should go out into their front yard with their 12 Ga., double barreled shotgun and fire it into the air". As I recall, he did so offer, seemingly having forgotten that what goes up, comes down, the question of where it comes down remaining unanswered, or perhaps the Vice President is unconcerned by such mundane considerations as the Law of Gravity. Some of us ordinary citizens aren't so casual.

6. In conclusion, I strongly suggest that readers here get on to their U.S. Senators and Congressional Representatives soliciting action to kill Obama's latest anti gun/anti gun rights/anti civil rights ploys, and that they do this RDN (Right Damned Now). The results obtained from "constituent encouragement" are sometimes amazing.

I see one poster mentioned possible or likely price escalation, something that viewers will probably see.

Last edited by alan; August 29, 2013 at 06:40 PM.

Page generated in 0.02624 seconds with 8 queries