View Single Post
Old August 16, 2005, 12:28 AM   #17
Jeff Loveless

I'm not a fan of the 9mm, so keep that in mind! But I have owned or do own a sig 228, glock 19 and a kel-tec p11.

The sig was accurate and reliable but I could not master the da/sa trigger to my statisfaction and gave up on it. That was back in the clinton years and I had too much money tied up in it and full capacity magazines to keep a pistol I didn't shoot well. So I sold it.

The kel tec is a neat little pistol to carry in a pocket or as a 2nd gun. Mine is 100% reliable. It is accurate enough for a fight, but not much fun to shoot and doesn't work too well in something like IDPA, for instance. If that matters.

The glock 19 would be my choice if I had to carry a 9mm. It is proven, accessories are abundant, and most people can shoot it well with minimal instruction. Now that magazines are back to normal prices you can carry it and use it as it was intended and designed.

There are a lot of good choices out there. Make sure whatever you choose fits your hand correctly. I know glocks are pretty mundane these days, but you would be well suited to consider one if it fits your hand.

Page generated in 0.02865 seconds with 8 queries