View Single Post
Old December 26, 2012, 03:13 PM   #183
nate45

That terror watch list, may sound good to some, till all those opposed to fill in the blank are declared terrorists. NRA members who own guns are thought of as terrorists by some right now. If they prove someone has ties to an organization that has declared war on the USA, or someone has committed terroristic acts, that is one thing. However, I see a high potential for this to potentially get abused though.

Here is another reason not to like it. We've already heard of abuse of the Patriot Act and everything else they passed. I'm not really that worried for myself, the Homeland Security has my whole file and just did my every so often background check. I can prove I'm not supposed to be on a watch list. Not everyone can though, some perfectly innocent people, have never even been finger printed. They might not have such an easy time proving that it was a mistake and in the mean time pleading please don't take my guns, I'm not a terrorist. It sure can happen too, I read about people on the no fly list by mistake all the time.

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries