View Single Post
Old September 26, 2012, 02:49 AM   #3
10-96

I've never had much luck talking down consignment sales myself, but it never hurts to try. The thing with those Blue Sky stamped rifles is that (I don't think) they went through any sort of servicability or arsenal repair facilities prior to being boxed up in whatever country they came from and further dispersed to various retailers. I have one that shot and ran as well as any I'd ever seen. But the one's I was able to eyeball at a local Big 5 Sporting Goods store were in truely awful shape. I think they were selling for $699 at the time.

The numbers on the sights and parts have nothing to do with the serial numbers- those are drawing numbers that only have meaning to the folks who built the rifles (maybe higher echelon armorer/repair facilities).

I kind of doubt you'll find one any cheaper any time soon. And on that note- most minor parts and springs are still quite available. And, you can still get brand new barrels installed if you happen to develop a true attachment to the rifle as a shooter.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03743 seconds with 8 queries