View Single Post
Old May 4, 2005, 03:36 PM   #20
Greybeard

S&W 340 PD came from factory with an atrociously heavy DAO trigger, so that's the first thing I had fixed. It is now close to that of Kahr PM-9 as it came from the factory - long and smooth.

Added a Crimson Trace overmoulded laser grip to the 340. No regrets there either. Ordered the PM-9 with factory night sights, so it is carried "stock".

Current project on another probable "sometimes carry gun" is a Glock 29 (compact 10mm). I ordered an aftermarket Bar-Sto .40 barrel for it and am tonight to function test and chrono some Gold Dot 165 grainers. Also on my "to do" list is to order and try an A-Grip for the 29.

Some time soon when more time, I want to do some timed side-by-side testing next to some various full-power 10mm loads. Methinks that the results will indicate that, like .38+Ps vs. .357s in the 340, the .40s will probably result in a combination of slightly better accuaracy and appreciably better split times than with Double Tap 10mms. If so (and if 100% reliable), reason enough for me to possibly leave Bar-Sto barrel and .40s in the gun for general carry purposes in the concrete jungle.

Page generated in 0.03210 seconds with 8 queries