View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 11:53 AM   #16
seeker073180

Panic buys:
  1. Ruger Mark II Target - I've been looking at 22s after getting frustrated at my 41 for the amount of misfeeds/stovepipes (that's another story). I was really interested in the _17 Smith revolvers, but since the revolvers don't seem to be of the "persecuted", I've been putting it off. Spotted this little lightly used gem at a reasonable price. I think someone probably consigned it to make their budget on an "evil" gun. Shoots as expected and I'm very pleased at this panic/impulse buy.
  2. CZ Shadows - I've been looking at target 9s for awhile. Love my P226, but I haven't seen an X-5 anywhere (in person/online) AND they're ridiculously expensive. I really like my PCR and the Shadow is less than half the price of an X5 AND it comes with three hi-caps. Do you sense some "justification"??? .....So, I ordered two. They had "plenty" in stock a week ago. Ordered them midweek, but they were at SHOT. *crosses fingers* Hopefully, I'll get some good news this week and I'll eventually send one back for custom work treatment, but I wanted to be in possession before any laws changed.
  3. Springfield Armory XD(M) 4.5" 45acp - Probably the most panicky of my buys. Wanted a "big boy" gun, came with (2) 13rders. Held a P220, and the single stack 45s just don't fit my block-of-a hand quite right. The XDM shoots fine; it's my first .45, but I'd probably trade it in for any number of alternatives. The new Sig P227? HK? FNP?

We'll see what the future brings.

Page generated in 0.03263 seconds with 8 queries