View Single Post
Old October 21, 2002, 02:47 PM   #7
Southla1
Member In Memoriam

"The Lee Loader and a hammer?"

You need a hammer to de-prime, seat the new primer and to resize the case with the Lee..................they have been around for at least 40 years and are caliber specific. Every now and them a primer will go off while seating it but it's contained. Wear safety glasses while doing it.

I started reloading with this kit in 1963.............my old man did get aggravated at me and made me do it in the yard because of the constant hammering in the house. (and every now and then a POW!) It even has a powder scoop included that will be less than a maximum load as long as you follow the instructions...........that way you do not have to worry about weighing powder. Now it does not full length size..............it only neck sizes but for the same rifle and a bolt gun that should be no problem.

I still use this kit to de-prime 30-06 military crimped in primers or to load a few rounds if it's just a few that I want to load. I have a double faced plastic hammer I use but any one will do in a pinch.

Page generated in 0.03889 seconds with 8 queries