View Single Post
Old June 15, 2005, 08:27 AM   #17
Glenn E. Meyer

That's the weapons focus effect. In studies of memory and eyewitness testimony, it was found that folks focus on the gun and don't pay attention to other details.

It makes sense that you index your gun to your gaze. Also, since many folks bring their gun to the center of their body, it's COM and gets hit.

I was in a FOF and afterwards noticed that my revolver had taken a sims round on the front of the cylinder face. My first FOF, I got shot in the hand. In a FOF with some LEOs, I got shot in the hand. In the interests of fair play, I ditched my long arm and went for my BUG with my not-shot hand.

The other thing we found in an Airsoft training class with KRtraining is that with speeded responses from a low ready, we got a lot of belly button shots. It's embarassing to explain to your wife and folks in the locker room why you have a row of welts just below your navel.

At last year's NTI, I had a row at my navel and then at COM in a violent bank robbery scenario. The aggressor with a full auto airsoft gun must have fired two discrete strings.

Actual hit patterns are really interesting under stress.

Page generated in 0.02405 seconds with 8 queries