View Single Post
Old September 16, 2005, 12:28 PM   #80
fisherman66

Quote:
Fisherman66 - it appears that you copied somebody's opinion , with which I disagree because it is lumping morals and ethics right into the same bucket as indistinguishable - did you read and understand that before you copied it?
Yes; I copied it and yes, I understand it.

They are not lumped together.

Morals have a greater social element to ethics and tend to have a very broad acceptance and provoke a "Judgement". Morals are far more about good and bad than other values. We thus judge others more strongly on morals than ethics.

I agree with your morals. You can (and are in this case) right individually. The problem occurs when you apply it to society at large. You have no right to judge. Do what's right for you (and advocate for what you think is right, but you don't have the right to pass judgement on those who are not like you.

I have enjoyed the debate. I wish you nothing but the best. I hope to one day hunt with a recurve bow to take my first real trophy. That is, in my mind, justification for hanging a head on my wall. If other's don't share that justification -- it won't matter to me because it is a moral issue not an ethical one.

I suppose I could be baited back into the conversation, but at this point I don't know what else to say. We disagree.

Page generated in 0.03251 seconds with 8 queries