View Single Post
Old July 12, 2013, 06:38 AM   #10
Captchee

this spring , i picked up an old Uberti navy and a early Kirst conversion at a gun show for under 300.00 .
Had the same problem . Everything would work fine with the cap and ball cylinder . But she wouldn’t work at all with the conversion cylinder .
After fitting the conversion and having the navy tuned , , I had the same problem .
Basically I did as bill instructed and now it works with both .

As to how it shoots with .357 .
Well im not a pistol shooter by any means , but even for me , it shot like crap
No accuracy what so ever unless I was at 5-10 yards . I just never knew where the bullet was going to land . It didn’t mater , hollow base or wad cutters .
I went through the process of considering lining the barrel ……
But after doing some chatting with others to include Bill , I bought a mould for a heeled bullet and the crimp die from Bernie at old west bullet moulds and started reloading .
I now have far better accuracy . At least to the point I can see that there is potential to the point that the issues im still having is IMO a combination of my lack of practice combined with my load , which I have been working on . So its gradually coming around.
Seriously though for a couple months I was about at the point of selling it and buying a unerti that was already built for .357 . would have been far cheeper in the long run .

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries