Thread: Guns & Phones
View Single Post
Old June 14, 2010, 12:59 PM   #10
booker_t

The size of your "arsenal" or collection is meaningless when it comes to home defense. I find it amusing when people think "oh, that guy has a basement full of guns, I'm sorry for the scumbag who decides to break into his place!"

You can only hold one (or maybe two) at a time. And that's once you pick it up. And that's assuming you're even home.

What happened to old fashioned pen & paper? Or MS Excel would make a nice database if you really want it. On the iPhone, there are spreadsheet and various notepad applications that are decent for taking a note, then putting it into your database back home.

I'm not buying their "reasons for needing it"

1. Been to a gun show and wanted to know if you have a gun that’s similar.
Huh? I guess if I had a few hundred similar guns, maybe this would be useful.
2. Where are the serial numbers and other important information for your weapons?
I have photos & serial numbers cataloged on paper in the house, emailed via webmail so it's always available, and on a CD both at work and home (with detailed photos). As I have with all detailed personal information. If there's a fire at home, I have it at work or on the web (encrypted/signed email).
3. Can you locate your serial numbers if your guns were stolen?
See above.
4. Could you give the police an accurate description for each of your firearms?
See above.
3. Do you know whom you sold a gun to years after the sale?
Yes, I have scans and originals of each Bill of Sale, stored as in #2.
4. Do you know the price you paid for each the firearms you own?
See above.

I got $5 that says PatriciaMB works for RB Consulting, and is promoting the MiGuns app.

Last edited by booker_t; June 14, 2010 at 01:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries