View Single Post
Old October 9, 2011, 01:00 PM   #30
jimpeel

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngunz4life View Post
jimpeel, will you admit that maybe that's a slight over-exaggeration?
Not an exaggeration, slight or otherwise. I live this every day. The parents let the kids ride tricycles through the store that they have no intention of buying. They let them play with the toys and then hand them back to us at the register covered with drool and whatever the kid has been eating. We have to claim out those products.

The parents are as bad as the kids.

The other night I had a couple with two kids. There was one in the basket lying on a Rockies souvenir pillow that costs ~$25. She said "I have to give you the pillow. He's sick and I needed something to lay him on." The kid was obviously feverish and was sweating. She hands me the pillow after the sale concludes and leaves. I had to claim the pillow out as contaminated. Would you want your child lying on that pillow after it has been contaminated? We lost that profit and it has to be made up elsewhere.

The kids pick up products and the parents take it away and place it wherever they happen to be standing. We have to put it all back. That costs labor.

The parents are just as bad. Someone took chewed food out of their kid's mouth in a paper towel and then put it in a candy display. I had to claim out all of the candy as contaminated. One day, I found an eight pound ham in the candy that is displayed at the register. I had to claim out the ham and all of the candy on which it leaked.

These are just a few examples of what we find every day. All of this costs profit which must be made up elsewhere and you pay for that.

Did I mention the Code Adams? We have at least two each week. The kids run off and the parents panic. They are the ones at fault but we spend resources looking for their lost kids.

And then there are the "Lost Mommy" pages when we find some wandering child and take them to Customer Service. Sometimes we have to page numerous times; and then there are the pages which must be repeated in Spanish because the lost mommy doesn't speak English and can't understand the page about their kid. Sometimes it takes ten minutes for Mommy to come get their kid.

So, am I exaggerating? Not in the least.

"Science is built up with facts, as a house is with stones. But a collection of facts is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house." - Jules Henri Poincare

"Three thousand people died on Sept. 11 because eight pilots were killed"
-- former Northwest Airlines pilot Stephen Luckey

Page generated in 0.03928 seconds with 8 queries