View Single Post
Old September 5, 2000, 12:13 PM   #3
KaMaKaZe

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MP Freeman:
Has anyone else EVER seen such dangerous practice? How do I go about saying something if I see it again? Again I was just amazed and slightly scared to see such sloppy handeling of weapons.
Regards
MP
[/quote]

Most certainly.

If it is an open range.. I don't know what I would do. I would hesitate to bring it to the attention of the Park Rangers for fear that the range would ultimately be closed. I would also fear to mention something to the individuals invovled for fear of retaliation. If they are irresponsible enough to wave a gun around without any problem, then I'm sure they wouldn't feel too bad pointing it at me with harmful intentions.

If its a pay-range, I would contact the management of the establishment. This might get you somewhere.. or not. I refuse to visit (what was) a close range for similar reasons. A gentleman was shooting his .357 wildly (simply put). He was several lanes down so I ignored him.. Until I saw something punch through the back of my target coming up range.. allowing me enough time to duck and catch a flattened .357 slug in the back of the head. ..everyone nods in agreement as to say "So thats what happened to him.." ANYWAY.. I brought it up and they completely blew it off. Nevermind the growing welt on the back of my head oozing a small amount of blood. In fact, they attempted to confiscate the slug that I recovered (after all, it was laying at my feet) and toss it. With a quick turn of the head, I reached behind the counter and fished it out of the trash.. said a few choice words and left the range never to return.

I knew I was in trouble when:
1. I "got shot" and it hurt like hell.
2. The prick doin' the shootin' bailed IMMEDIATELY upon learning what happened.
3. Guys at the shop COMPLETELY blew it off and tried to ditch the "evidence" (if there was any to begin with)

What amazes the most is how I managed not to shoot myself at the time. I was shooting my beloved S&W .38 with a target trigger/hammer. The thing has about a 1lb pull, single action.. and when I ducked, it was cocked and pointed at an already-bad kneecap.

*sigh*

Suppose this puts me up there with you, FUD.

BTW, thats:
ED'S Gun & Tackle Shop
2727 Canton Road , Marietta
(770) 425-8461
http://www.edsguns.com/

Eat your heart out.

------------------
God, Guns and Guts made this country a great country!

oberkommando sez:
"We lost the first and third and now they are after the Second!(no pun intended)"

[This message has been edited by KaMaKaZe (edited September 05, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.02495 seconds with 8 queries