View Single Post
Old October 13, 2012, 09:40 AM   #32
natman

Quote:
Nobody, including Browning, has proved bullets leave at the top or bottom of the muzzle axis swing with the Boss set for best accuracy. One can adjust charge weight 1/10th grain and do the same thing as a quarter turn of the BOSS ring. And no powder charge makes pressure curves exact enough to make all bullets leave at the exact moment the muzzle axis is stationary

It has been proved that best accuracy is when bullets exit just before the muzzle axis reaches its highest angle which more easily and better corrects for velocity spreads.
I'm not quite sure what point you are trying to make. First you say it's unproven, then you say it's proven. If you want to quibble about whether the best spot is "just before the muzzle axis reaches its highest angle" instead of standing still, please explain why. I'll grant you that while the muzzle is moving slowly just before it stops is easier to find than when it stops, but I don't see how it's better. Perhaps a citation to your proof would explain it.

Page generated in 0.07672 seconds with 8 queries