View Single Post
Old November 30, 2012, 09:39 AM   #25
Wild Bill Bucks

I just got word from the doctor, that it will be another 3 to 4 weeks before my ribs heal up, but outside of soreness, I'm actually feeling pretty good.

I just thought of something, that at the time wasn't very funny, but now seems to be humorous. As I said before, I was trapped under this thing for about 15 or 20 minutes, and while I was there, I had enough sense not to panic. As I lay under it, I stopped to evaluate my condition, and take inventory of my body parts that may, or may not, still be attached.
After a little while I realized that I did not have any broken bones, or that I was disabled in any way, other than just being pinned down from the weight of the 4-wheeler.

It was at this point that I started to smell gasoline, and from the position I was in, I could see that my switch was still in the "on" position. My head was pinned under the handle bars, and I had decided that there was absolutely no way that
I could get it out. I was wrong. After smelling gas with an open switch, my calmness went out the window. Full panic set in, and that's probably why I tore my face as bad as I did.

Gas around an open electric switch is a real motivator

Page generated in 0.02051 seconds with 8 queries