View Single Post
Old December 20, 2011, 09:49 PM   #58
Deja vu

near my house I have planted apple trees and a fair amount of corn as well as some black berry bushes and a small garden. I recently (last year) all so planted some evergreen bushes and the deer seem to like to feed on them in the winter. In the past I toyed with feeders and mineral blocks but I never had much luck with them, the deer here seem to like "real" food.

Most years I can shoot a deer from my back porch. This last year was the exception. The apples did not do that well this year. I still got a deer but I had to get off my fat butt and hunt it rather than simply harvest it.

I think the apples are the key. The deer bed down in the corn and eat the apples early in the morning and then again right before it gets dark. It all so helps that I have no neighbors and no out door dogs to scare away the deer (and occasional elk). I all so don't shoot near my house unless harvesting an animal or taking care of a pest.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries