Thread: Carry at Work
View Single Post
Old October 26, 2013, 03:14 PM   #11
Koda94

Quote:
A more fruitful line of discussion would be, "how do we convince employers to accept employee carry?"
I think if you asked your employer to honor your CHL you would get denied, and in some cases flagged. IMO I think convincing employers would be more a pro gun cultural thing but here are a couple thoughts....

>One thing I suspect with the majority of business owners that create "gun free" zones is they are unaware of the difference between anyone carrying a weapon and lawful concealed carry.
>Is there any kind of program that could be created to qualify employee's to carry that would be widely accepted by companies outside of the states CHL requirement?

FWIW: how many 'other' company policy rules does anyone violate, like gratuitous web surfing for personal use? Or how about that nice Benchmade folder clipped in your pocket? IMO there are state and federal laws that should be followed that might be debated immoral to disobey, but not private "rules" that are blindly dangerous like gun free zones.

Page generated in 0.05760 seconds with 8 queries