View Single Post
Old October 30, 2012, 12:13 PM   #7
BigJimP

In my opinion, based on the condition of both guns...neither gun is a "collectable" based solely on condition.

In terms of value the pre model 10 - in my area - if you can sell it at all, you'd be very lucky to get $ 50 for it ...basically as a parts gun. There are lots of pre model 10's and Victory models around in very good condition - selling for $ 125 - $ 175 for the most part. I see several at most gun shows in my area every month...and they aren't selling. I'm a semi-serious S&W revolver shooter & collector / ...but among my buddies its just not going to be a gun any of us want - except for parts. I have a Victory model in my collection ...but its a family gun that was bought new in 1946 - and well used / but no rust, etc...all the parkerized finish is gone from holster wear...and it would only sell for $ 50 - $ 75 as well. It just isn't valuable.

The Colt looks pretty rough as well.../ ..I'm not as familiar with that model ...but again the finish is in really bad shape and that kills any significant value. A Colt collector will come along and give you a better price evaluation than I can ...

Page generated in 0.03515 seconds with 8 queries