View Single Post
Old November 10, 2009, 05:36 AM   #11
shortwave

Quote:
I`ve shot three 777 pellets...
Ranting, have done the same with pretty much the same results. Found the Powerbelt boolits just couldn`t stand the mag. charge of pellets or loose in any powder I`ve shot. Had to go to sabot`s to get any accuracy and to loose powder to get more consistant/better accuracy. Shooting a T/C Encore with an Omega BDC scope and a charge consisting of 250grn. SST/150grns. American Pioneer, I will witness that the setup is good for 250 yds. The lines on the scope just plain worked as designed. Granted thats punching paper but no doubt it`ll dispatch deer at that range also. Furthest shot to date on a deer was 151yds. The terrain here doesn`t usually permit a hunting shot much over 100yds. This Spring I`m going to reduce powder charge, re-zero and play with lines on scope. My shooting partner says " if it ain`t broke, don`t fix it" and although this set-up is working fine its also fun to experiment. Partner just hunts but I also like to distant shoot also. The Omega BDC scope makes that enjoyable as eye`s aren`t what they used to be.

Page generated in 0.02587 seconds with 8 queries