View Single Post
Old June 29, 2013, 03:42 AM   #3
Old Stony

I actually bought the Encore used, but it was in very nice clean shape. The bore looked very nice as well, but it could have had a problem from day one and the previous owner never knew it. A lot of hunters just seem to think if they can hit a dinner plate, they can hit a deer and leave it at that. It appears to me that they replaced the hammer, trigger and pivot pin as well as the barrel.
I have high hopes for it to shoot better now and hopefully I can get out this morning some time and find out. There was no charge for anything from S&W and it was returned postpaid. If they got it to shoot, I am going to be really impressed with their service.
I lived on the west coast for years and was in the gun business there. At that time S&W made us send any warranty work to a company in the Sierra's there in California. To say the least, we were always disappointed. The firearms we sent were seldom fixed to our satisfaction and were always accompanied by a bill for shipping and test fire ammo. I'm hoping they have turned their warranty situation around . They were a grand old company at one time but have had some turbulent times as a result of ownership changes and managementt decisions over the years.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed at this time..........

Page generated in 0.03226 seconds with 8 queries