View Single Post
Old July 10, 2011, 09:05 AM   #19
Powderman

I really LIKE your workbench! I believe I'll set something similar up for my firearms work and tinker area.

I second the suggestion to get another bench for the reloading area. In my experience, you will want some dedicated space for all the goodies you'll acquire over time. Believe me--I started out with an RCBS Partner Press kit, secured to a small table. I've been reloading now for a bit over 25 years; my assortment of reloading tools and supplies has also grown.

If you have the space, make the bench big enough for your press, with storage space for a working stock of primers, powder and bullets. I would recommend building up a simple platform that can be leveled for the use of your powder scale. Storage space for dies, shellholders and shell plates is a must as well. You would also be ahead of the game to have a central storage or pegboard for the tools you need to adjust the dies and the press, as well as your QC stuff--calipers, gauges, etc.

Finally, make it BIGGER than you think you'll need. As time goes by, you'll load for more calibers, and you'll need every inch. Good luck!

Page generated in 0.03206 seconds with 8 queries