View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 01:31 PM   #12
Dre_sa

I just had a look at the white house website, here's what they had to say about this google+ hangout...

Quote:
This week, the White House will continue a series of conversations with top administration officials on Google+. On Thursday, January 24 at 1:45 p.m. ET, Vice President Biden will join the latest “Fireside Hangout” – a 21st century take on FDR’s famous radio addresses – to talk about reducing gun violence.

On January 16, President Obama and Vice President Biden released a plan to help protect our children and our communities by reducing gun violence. The plan outlines specific, common-sense steps we can take right now to help keep guns out of the wrong hands, ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, make our schools safer, and increase access to mental health services. Learn more about the plan here.

During the hangout hosted by Google and moderated by Hari Sreenivasan from PBS NewsHour, Vice President Biden will discuss the White House policy recommendations on reducing gun violence. Google+ users from the around the country will join the discussion, including Guy Kawasaki and Phil DeFranco. If you have a question, you can suggest it by writing it on the participants’ on Google+ pages. Watch the hangout with Vice President Biden live on WhiteHouse.gov, or tune in to the White House's Google+ page or YouTube channel.

We'll continue to host hangouts with key members of the President’s cabinet on a range of second term priorities. Follow us on Google+ for updates from the Administration and opportunities to participate in upcoming hangouts.
It looks to me like we won't be able to participate except to write on these people's walls suggesting topics and questions.

I suspect that it's going to be filled with a bunch of bigwigs that hate guns, just so that the white house can feel better about the stupid they're pushing to get legislated. Kind of a 'tell me my ideas are good so I can try them out, because i'm not entirely sure it's the right thing to do'.

Page generated in 0.02976 seconds with 8 queries