View Single Post
Old March 9, 2005, 01:12 PM   #4
tlm225

This incident is further evidence that merely having a gun is not enough. Personal safety is a total package of awareness and preventative measures. Even if the good doctor had a gun on his hip in his home (as some advocate) it would have done him no good as the BG penetrated his residence and was beside him before he knew it. I'm not saying that you need to make your home into Ft. Knox but part of your deterence is making your residence a less appealing target than those around you. Lighting, secured doors, no convienient hiding places near the house and so on. Good thing he kept his head in this incident but one decision that he made that I do criticize is that he brought the BG back to his home and WIFE!!! No way I would bring my wifes potential executioner to her. Granted the BG could have killed him for his refusal then went back on his own but thats a maybe. Perhaps his experience will cause a few more in his anti-gun community to rethink the "it can't happen to me, the police will protect us mentality".

Page generated in 0.03378 seconds with 8 queries