View Single Post
Old February 11, 2010, 02:25 PM   #40
FrankenMauser

Quote:
First off, I told you how I chose the numbers. I did NOT pick extreme ends of the spectrum. I think I showed fairly conclusively that there are MORE 30gr examples of 22mag than 40gr.
There may be more 30gr projectiles available, in the limited view you present. But, when looking at the most commonly available loads, the 40gr loads outnumber everything else (even 45gr stuff is more common than 30gr).

Quote:
What YOU happen to buy is not relevent.
That's exactly the argument I am making here. If you want to give a good representation of the .22 WMR to the readers here, you need to use common ammo. What YOU think is common, is not exactly correct.

Quit getting so worked up. Back off, and look at the data from an objective point of view. Right now, your data is biased. The .22 WMR may have more wind drift, but you aren't presenting evidence fairly.

You are using the most common .17 HMR bullet weight, but the lightest .22 WMR bullet weight. It is not a fair comparison. (Like I said - the .22 WMR might lose the battle, but it needs to be fought on even ground.)

If I told you my 100gr HP ballistics were a good representation of the .270 Winchester you wouldn't believe me. Why are we supposed to accept your view that the 30gr Hornady load is a fair representation of all .22 WMR ammo?

I know you are using "available" data from Hornady. If you can't find data on the other stuff... don't compare.

People are better off with limited data for properly selected ammo, than detailed data that's comparing apples to zebras.

Page generated in 0.02250 seconds with 8 queries